Ava passed the NST today with flying colors. I think yesterday was a fluke due to my own highly stressed state...she was probably tired from me being up all night. I didn't quite understand the biophysical profile, but she passed that too, which is great :)
The ultrasound was the full ultrasound I originally had scheduled for Thursday. I'm really bummed that Johnny had to miss it, I wish he had been there not only to see for himself, but to be a support for me. Ava was actually very cooperative for once, and they got all the necessary measurements on the first try. I also got some 3D pics of her face which she was not hiding behind her arm & leg this time! She is one pudgy little baby, let me tell you...I'm almost embarrassed about it.
She now weighs 4lbs 10 oz. She should weigh about 3.31 lbs. That is better than she was doing last time, although she is still in the 90th percentile. Her head is now also in the 90th, so they said it appears it may be more genetics than diabetes at this point. Her head is measuring about 33 weeks & her abdomen is measuring 34 weeks (I am 32 weeks on Friday). The doc said because the difference between the two was only 1 week that they could not blame the diabetes, that it appeared that genetically she is a large baby. I'm not sure how much I believe any of the measurements at this point though...the last doctor we saw at the previous two ultrasounds said she was a medium baby. Her head was only in the 63rd percentile last time, and a month later it is in the 90's? They aren't concerned, but I just don't see how it happens!
Apparently my fluid level is down to 18, which is normal. Of course, since these values can change by the hour, I'm not sure how long I'll have a normal level. It has been averaging around 22 so I think I'm more comfortable thinking of my levels as slightly elevated.
So overall, it appears that yesterday was just a big scare, thankfully. I wish that the docs would think about patient stress level when they are making decisions on what needs to be done.
Even though everything is fine, I am now having to do a biophysical profile 1x/week, along with the 2 non-stress tests, the 2x/month diabetes educator visits, the 2x/month OB visits, the 1x/month ultrasound...They really should just set me up a room so I can get comfortable, I think I spend more time at the doc than I do at home these days. I couldn't really get a good answer about why I needed to do the biophysical profiles if Ava is passing all the other tests...just to be careful is basically the answer.
I took Buddy to my parents last night...I can't even express how depressing & devestating it is to give up a family member, especially a family member you chose. I still am having a hard time not crying...I just can't think about going home. It doesn't really feel like home without his smiling face & wagging tail. I'm angry about the whole situation, and very, very sad about it as well. It really is terrible timing, with my birthday and Christmas just around the corner. I think if Johnny ends up working on New Years Eve I will board Stoagie for the night and borrow Buddy to get in some good cuddle time. I miss him so much and it hasn't even been 1 day yet. Sigh. Hopefully this gets easier with time.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment