Well, after a slew of appointment this week (3 scheduled, which turned into 4), I have this to say: I am already such an extremely proud parent, and my little one is not even out yet!
Monday's non-stress test went well, I wrote about that a few days ago. Wednesday I saw the regular OB, who measured me and said that I was now measuring 32 weeks. I am only 30.5 weeks, so I'm measuring 1.5 weeks ahead - but I have been measuring 3 weeks ahead, so it appears like Ms. Ava has slowed down on the growing! My A1C also came back at a 5.7, which is basically the same as last time, and is a non-diabetic level...YAY! I mentioned some blood sugar issues I was having, so my OB called the diabetes educator, who had me go to her office (across the street) and she adjusted some of my levels. Both the OB & the educator think that the ultrasound I have scheduled next week will show Ava at a lower size percentile, which would be excellent! It means the extra medication and extra hard work have paid off...so I'm anxiously awaiting the 17th and the next ultrasound.
Also...I've only gained 1 pound in the last 3 weeks...that includes THANKSGIVING (and holiday baking)! So I'm feeling very good about my diet and the docs are very happy with me.
At today's non-stress test, Ms. Ava was moving and wiggling and would not sit still...the doctor told me they didn't expect her to be moving or having her heart rate fluctuate this well until 34 weeks! So I already have a little over achiever on my hands, and I could not be prouder of the fact that she is doing so well and is so happy in there! She is not even 31 weeks yet and is doing as well as a 34 weeker...Cue my first "Proud Mommy" moment :)
Next week's big appointment is on Thursday...I will have a non-stress test, meet with the diabetes educator and have another ultrasound...will update on Ava's growth progress then!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Holy crap! I have A1C envy...
ReplyDelete